Audio in Windows 7 with Boot Camp on Apple MacBook
I’ve been running Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit) on a white Core2Duo MacBook for quite some time now but could never get the audio working and there was a red light coming out of the Aux port. I was had used the Snow Leopard Boot Camp drivers on the CD and this had worked for most of the other devices. Any drivers I downloaded and installed from the web failed to work. I got a great tip for dealing with this problem on: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1860928&tstart=0 The key seems to be running the installer Administrator in Vista compatibility mode…
- Insert the Snow Leopard install CD
- Browse to \Boot Camp\Drivers\IDT SigmaTel
- Right-click the “SigmaTelSetup.exe” file and choose “Troubleshoot compatibility”
- Choose “Troubleshoot program” choose the first tick box and hit “Next”
- Choose “Windows Vista” and then “Next”
- Choose “Start the program…” and then “Next”
- The driver will now install, click on the progress balloon on the bottom right of the screen and click the hyperlink to skip Windows Update driver checking
- When the process completes you’ll just need to click the option to say it completed successfully and then hit “Close”.
- Then choose to restart the computer
This did the trick for me anyway, I hope it does for you.