- Use reliable antimalware software: This is a basic but critical component. Just because it’s a server, and it has a firewall, does not mean it does not need antimalware. It does! Always install a reputable antimalware program and keep it updated.
- Make sure that you have all current Windows updates and patches installed
- Run ESET’s EternalBlue Vulnerability Checker to see whether your Windows machines are patched against EternalBlue exploit, and patch if necessary.
- For ESET Home Users: Perform a product update
- For ESET Business Users: Send an Update Task to all Client Workstations or update Endpoint Security or Endpoint Antivirus on your client workstations.